Our Core Competencies
Pool of Subject Matter Experts
All our specialists are leading experts in their field and we cover all the key airline functions.
Together we have hundreds of years experience!
Executive Management Experience
PlaneConsult specialists have extensive airline senior management expertise and experience both within Europe and other continents, covering multiple airline business models.
Multiple Airline Business Models
Full service airline? Low cost carrier? No two airlines are completely alike and we have the expertise to assess the strengths and opportunities for every airline in any market.
Restructuring & Transformation Challenges
From full audit of the entire business structure to improved efficiencies in the turnaround process. From expert advice on maintenance contracts to planning and set up of a Low Cost Carrier. We have the expertise to ensure deliverables are achieved on large, small and ad-hoc projects.
We provide knowledge transfer to client’s personnel to ensure they are given practical support and guidance in preference to an “academic study” approach. PlaneConsult has gained a unique reputation of delivery and successfully implementing their business plans. Our specialists create relationships with key personnel to ensure mentoring and knowledge transfer takes place.
Mentoring & Knowledge Transfer
Our specialists are all capable of imparting their skills, knowledge and experience in developing the talents of local nationals to enable them to take on a greater responsibility for the management and strategic development of the company in the future. We ensure that the accumulated years of knowledge from the subject matter experts becomes embedded in the day to day operations and ethos of the airline.
Our Managing Director
- 39 years in Aviation
- Aer Lingus Avionics Apprentice (1978-1982)
- Aer Lingus Commuter – Chief Executive (1991-1996)
- Ryanair – Director of Group Operations (1996-2000)
- AirAsia – Co-Founder & Advisor (2001-date)
- AirAsia – Director (2001-2013)
- Irish Entrepreneur of the Year (2011)
- Pegasus Airlines – Non Executive Director (2012-2016)
- Dublin Aerospace – Founder & Chairman (2009-date)
- PlaneConsult – Managing Director (2000-date)
- PlaneConsult Clients include AirAsia, Thai AirAsia, AirAsiaX, Aer Lingus, AirOne, Air Deccan, Alitalia, Copa, easyJet, flyNas, Jetstar, MAS, Pegasus, Saudia, Safair, Spanair, Qantas, vivaAerobus, vivaColombia.
Our Subject Matter Experts
Fernando Andreu Hernández
Our Areas of Expertise
- Fleet Planning
- Network Management
- Flight Crew Management
- Operational Control Systems
- Schedule Planning Optimisation
Airport, Ground Operations & Cargo
- Contract management
- Resource efficiency
- Turnaround processes
- Cost and operational delivery standards
- Airline Business Analysis
- Budget & Cost Management
- Revenue Management & Pricing
- Sales & Marketing
- Distribution & Schedule Development
Maintenance & Engineering
- Contract management and process review
Fleet & Finance
- Fleet evaluation
- Cost analysis
- RFP and Negotiation